The wedding of Anisha and Tejas was dreamy to say the least. Set at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun, their wedding blended South Asian customs with tropical vibes perfectly while still having an elegant touch to everything. If you’re looking to have a sophisticated vibe to your destination wedding while still making sure it feels personal, read on to hear how this beautiful couple did just that!
Here are a few takeaways:
- Anisha and Tejas’ wedding photos showed just how much they love each other and had plenty of candid shots. From the quiet moments Anisha spent writing a sweet love letter to Tejas to the expression on their faces during their first look, their photographer, the great Erick Pozos Photography, helped show the love between them beautifully.
- As you plan out your destination wedding, make sure to let your photographer know the type of moments you want them to capture. And if you’d like to have many candid shots like these, share that as well.
- Anisha wore glamorous gold heels with beautiful cut outs of flower bunches on them which gave her height while adding a chic touch. We love when brides unapologetically show their personal style! This worked because her ceremony site had concrete flooring.
- As you decide what you’ll wear, make sure that your clothing will keep you comfortable. That means picking materials that won’t feel too heavy in the warmth of the tropical weather. And, as you consider footwear, make sure it works for the area your ceremony will be held. And, don’t forget to ensure that your photographer captures up close shots of your accessories. These are details that will be so wonderful to remember as the years pass and you view your wedding photos in the future.
- Make sure your photographer captures moments with your wedding party where you are just having fun! A beautiful, smiling portrait of everyone is a must-have but so are the shots that show all of you just laughing and joking around. It will be sure to make you smile every time you look at your wedding album.
- Anisha and Tejas made good use of the special spots at their resort for their ceremony and first look. We love that they had shots that showed the lighthouse in the background for the first look. And the ocean had several beautiful shades of turquoise that day so having many of their photos right on front of it added richness to their wedding photos.
- Interesting details like this are important to help capture that tropical vibe so make sure to pick a resort that has unique spots. We can help you pick the perfect resort that will match the vision you have for your wedding and we’ll point out special areas on the resort that are especially perfect for wedding photos.
- Anisha and Tejas chose elegant décor for their wedding brought together expertly by Preeti Exclusive Events that echoed the colors they and their wedding party were wearing. Touches of gold, light pink, and cream showed up in their mandap, table settings, signs, and wedding cake.
- As you think of your wedding colors, decide where you’ll want them to show up and how it will all coordinate. Pick colors that you not only love but that will look good on you and your wedding party as well. Anisha’s gold wedding lehenga glowed against her tan skin and the pink and light green that her bridesmaid wore. And during the reception, don’t underestimate the importance of lighting to help set the mood which was done skillfully at JSAV.
- As you think about your bridal look, choose one feature of your face that you want to stand out the most and pick the colors that will make that area pop. For Anisha, her beautiful eyes looked extra stunning thanks to the neutral eyeshadow and expertly place black eyeliner. She kept her lipstick a rich peach-nude shade that complimented the eye look.
- To set off the look, highlighter placed at the highest part of her cheekbones helped her glow even more in her wedding photos. She kept her nail color neutral to make the gorgeous mehndi design on her hands, done by Mehndi by Veronica De La Paz, really stand out.
- Hire out the right entertainment for your wedding. This includes having a great drummer for your baraat to help set the mood for the ceremony and an excellent DJ. The right person will get your guests dancing and excited! We love how Premier Entertainment got the crowd going at Anisha and Tejas’ wedding!
- Anisha and Tejas chose to have their reception outdoors on the rooftop. This offered a stunning view of the sea and the lighthouse nearby. Therefore, they kept the table décor chic and simple and it worked perfectly! And, using gold chiavari chairs added to the elegance without needing to spend too much more on table décor. As you think about your own wedding, decide how much you want to spend on décor and what part of it you’d like to focus on most.
- Having the reception outdoors allowed Anisha and Tejas to have one grand finale: fireworks! It was a wonderful surprise for guests and added magic to the evening. You can do the same in your wedding by adding in fireworks, sparklers, surprise dancers, singers and other entertainment options.
- Anisha and Tejas had an excellent dessert station that incorporated classic foods like cheesecake as well as those with an island twist such as passion fruit cake. As you plan out your menu, add in some items that have local flavors to add to your guests’ destination wedding experience.
This amazing wedding couldn’t have been so incredible without the help of the following wonderful vendor partners:
Travel Concierge: Indian Destination Wedding
Resort: Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Photographer and cinematographer: Erick Pozos Photography
Wedding planning and design: Preeti Exclusive Events
Baraat and DJ: Premier Entertainment
By adding in the elements above, Anisha and Tejas had a wedding that was sophisticated and personal. And now, it’s your turn!
And now it’s your turn!
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.