Terrence and Priya’s wedding had everything you’d want in a tropical wedding: beautiful décor accented by tropical-inspired colors, a gorgeous blue ocean serving as the background at the ceremony, delicious island cuisine and blooms of flowers wherever your eyes gaze. It all happened at the Moon Palace in Ocho Rios, Jamaica which means only one thing: the wedding pictures came out especially beautiful!
One of the aspects of this wedding that made it especially memorable was how cozy and relaxed it felt thanks to the planning of Preeti Exclusive team who oversaw the details. While there were certainly touches of glamour, it was decidedly laid back and intimate. Here are the key takeaways that will help you achieve this same island vibe:
- We love how DreamArt Photography captured the entire wedding, especially the first look moment. They wisely chose to take many shots to ensure they got the facial expressions of the couple. But they also did something else very unique: they had two shots of the groom’s father watching the moment from a distance. This made for an especially touching picture!
- The bride and groom chose a resort that had many spots that were perfect for taking wedding portraits. They chose spots for their couples portraits that had simple backgrounds: a twilight sky, lush greenery and a calm ocean in the background. This kept the focus on the bride and groom and also set the tone for the wedding photos. It was the perfect statement for this couple as two people who keep the focus on each other!
- The couple’s choice of ceremony and reception outfits also set the vibe of the wedding. They chose lighter fabrics that allowed them to be especially comfortable in the tropical weather. It’s such a simple way to help you both stay in the moment and really enjoy it all versus wearing more ornate and heavier clothing that looks good but starts feeling uncomfortable in the heat. We always like to share that at the end of the day being comfortable matters more than anything else because when you aren’t, it’ll show in the wedding photos.
- The couple chose to have their food catered exclusively through the venue. Priya also had her hair and makeup done through the venue as well. Bundling options like this helps not only save money but also checks off several items at one on your wedding to-do list which means you’ll both be even more relaxed for your wedding.
- The couple echoed the natural colors you’d find in Jamaica in their mandap (made by The Destination Collective) and other décor. With soft sheer fabrics and a crown of white flowers above, the mandap’s tropical tone created a relaxed ambiance for the ceremony.
- Priya added just the right touches of glamour in the jewelry she wore throughout the wedding. This helps add a sense of formality to the wedding photos without being too over the top.
- We love how Priya’s makeup had a classic elegance to it. It wore well and showed up perfectly in the wedding shots without overpowering her facial features or looking too editorial. It was a relaxed look but had the glamour there, too. Just perfect!
- The reception was also large enough for the guests but still had a cozy vibe to it thanks to the white color scheme, soft uplighting and simple centerpieces at each table. The wedding stage was accented with flowers and accents that sparkled.
- The guests were able to laugh, dance and enjoy themselves fully thanks to the excellent song selection by Encore Event Technologies
A wedding as lovely as this happened with the help of our amazing vendor partners below:
Travel Concierge: Indian Destination Wedding
Resort: Moon Palace Jamaica
Planning & Design: Preeti Exclusive
Venue: Moon Palace Jamaica
Floral & Decor: The Destination Collective
Hair & Makeup: Spa at Moon Palace Jamaica
Catering: Moon Palace Jamaica
Cake: Moon Palace Jamaica
Cinematography: DreamArt Photography
Photography: DreamArt Photography
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.