There are so many reasons to visit St. Maarten. You’ll find postcard-perfect beaches, exciting night life and unforgettable dining experiences. And now you’ll have one more reason to go there: The Morgan Resort & Spa. This is one of the newest five-star boutique luxury hotels in the area and opened up in the summer of 2021.
And when it comes to having a South Asian destination wedding, it’s one place you’ll want to consider when you want a tropical location that will offer the best luxury touches and unique experiences for your guests. We had the pleasure of visiting this beautiful resort and it was impressive from start to finish. Take a look at why we fell in love with it and why you will too.
The Morgan Resort & Spa has 124 guestrooms and suites that have private exterior entrances and balconies or terraces. The furnishings are contemporary and chic with nautically inspired artwork. You and your guests will enjoy the comfortable beds, spa-style bathrooms with glass walk-in showers, and top-of-the-line amenities by Joseph Abboud.
This resort is just minutes away from the famous Maho Beach. This unique beach is known its close proximity the Princess Juliana Airport where low-flying aircrafts glide right over you as they take off and land. Maho Beach also offers the ultimate romantic scenery with its white sands and turquoise waters.
Visit the popular Sunset Beach Bar which was voted the best Caribbean beach bar and offers the perfect view of the airplanes.
Guests will also appreciate the close proximity of The Morgan Resort & Spa to Maho Village, with exhilarating watersports, recreational activities, casino gaming, upscale shopping, dining and entertainment.
When you choose this resort for your South Asian destination wedding, you’ll enjoy the following luxury features:
- Take a swim in their beach-style infinity-edge pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea, featuring a waterfall, slide, grotto cave, underwater music system and the Bar M Pool Bar, a swim-up bar with a blackjack table.
- Private poolside cabanas that are located among avocado, mango, banana, and coconut fruit trees. Each has lounge-style couches that can accommodate up to 12 guests plus privacy curtains and a paddle fan to keep you cool.
- A variety of on-site activities and special events for guests of all ages, including water aerobics, morning yoga, volleyball, bocce, badminton, croquet, cooking classes, happy hour specials, wine and rum tastings, Sunday brunch, Caribbean BBQ nights, live bands and DJs, and more.
- The must-see Rooftop Observation Deck offering 360-degree unobstructed views of the breath-taking ocean, tropical plants, and the airplanes landing at Princess Juliana Airport.
- A 24-hour state-of-the-art HITT (High Intensity Interval Training) fitness center. A full-service salon and spa featuring a hair and nail salon, wet and dry sauna and treatment rooms for massages and other services.
- There is one pool bar, Bar M Pool Bar, and one signature restaurant, Salt Restaurant + Bar, on-site here. It’s lead by executive chef David Seeman and consultant chef, Afro Caribbean cuisine expert and renowned “Top Chef” competitor Ron Duprat.
- Enjoy the finest French Caribbean accented by bold flavors and seafood fresh from the Caribbean waters. Try one of their cocktails or choose from their impressive selection of rum flights. Bar M features has swim-up stools and a dry area.
- Additional dining options are just steps away at Maho Village where you’ll find a French bakery, Sunset Beach Bar, and Sandbar Food Truck.
South Asian Destination Wedding Packages at The Morgan Resort & Spa
The Morgan Resort & Spa works with couples to create one-of-a-kind wedding packages. That means you’ll have the ultimate flexibility in designing a wedding that echoes your unique vision. We especially loved the catering options here. Take a look at the images of just some of the mouth-watering meals below.
When it comes to venues, you’ll have for distinctive indoor and outdoor options.
The Great Lawn
This includes an outdoor banquet tent with a gazebo
This opens to an outdoor bar and deck overlooking the infinity pool and the Caribbean Sea. This is perfect for events with up to 75 guests.
This will give you and your guests gorgeous panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the plane landings & take-offs. This can accommodate up to 200 guests.
The Morgan offers a boutique, one-of-a-kind resort experience. With its panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and the jets landing nearby, it’s the location to choose when you want your guests to enjoy the best that St. Maarten has to offer.
With four venues to choose from on-site, you’ll undoubtedly design a destination wedding that will have impress your guests and leave you wanting to come back again soon.
South Asian weddings at The Morgan Resort & Spa
Why Choose Indian Destination Wedding
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, and our summary of average South Asian destination wedding costs.
Learn about different destinations and resorts that have the best perks for South Asian weddings by contacting us online or call at 888-485-0005.