We all know how important it is to have excellent food and décor at your wedding. But there’s something else every bride thinks about when it comes to a destination wedding: making sure your guests have as much fun as possible. Sid and Avani’s wedding did just that! This beautiful couple had their Sangeet at the Lake Terrace area of Moon Palace, their ceremony at Beach Palace area of North Beach, and the reception at Lounge Caribeño / Caribbean Terrace area of Moon Palace. As you take a look at the pictures from their wedding, taken by Sarani Photography, you’ll easily see that this wedding was one the guests won’t forget anytime soon.
Here are some key takeaways you can use to make your wedding fun and exciting for your guests:
- Décor helps set the right tone of the wedding. The team at Latin Asia helped keep the surroundings look sophisticated but still very relaxed. Perfect for a destination wedding in the tropics! This allows the guests to feel even more comfortable at the wedding which will only allow them to have more fun.
- The right DJ matters. Sid and Avani wisely chose M4U Events for their DJ and as you can see the guests had a wonderful time. You’ll want a DJ that plays music that can appeal to all of your guests. From classic songs to modern rhythms, make sure you share with them the type of music you and your guests will love.
- Add an element of fun with bride and groom games during your sangeet. We love how Sid and Avani played The Shoe Game. This has become a popular game to play in Indian weddings because of how much both you and your guests will laugh. The bride and groom must be holding one of each shoe. The host (usually one of the bridesmaids) asks the couple questions and they must each answer by raising a shoe corresponding to the right person.
- Take advantage of the water sports and invite your guests to join, too! Sid made the grandest entrance to his baraat by entering with his groomsmen via jet ski! Not all guests would want to do this but just seeing you out there enjoying these types of activities will add a spirit of fun to the wedding for the guests.
- Get the little ones in the wedding so they can have fun too by creating kid-friendly opportunities for them to be involved. We love how Sid and Avani included the cutest helper in their wedding: an adorable toddler family member who made their debut carrying a sign with the help of their adorable walker.
- Don’t be afraid to let loose! Whether it’s on or off the dance floor, we encourage you to be right in the moment. During the baraat, Drums in Paradise did an excellent job of getting the guests excited with their rhythmic beats. And Sid made sure to dance the whole time which only made the guests even more joyful. It just goes to show: The way you (and your wedding party) carry yourselves sets the tone of the wedding for the guests. When the bridal party entered the wedding, they got the crowd going as they danced down the aisle. It was such a fun moment that the guests just had to take pictures! We also loved how Sid took a funny selfie with his groomsmen during the reception and threw in a picture of Avani to make it feel complete. On the dance floor during the reception, Sid and the groomsmen serenaded lovely Avani the hilarious shot below that perfectly captured the vibe of the party.
- Show all sides of you in your portraits, too. Having beautiful, sophisticated shots for your wedding album is important. But having a few that show other sides of you are just as important too! We love how Sid isn’t afraid to show off his beautiful wedding outfit in the first-look shot below. In another portrait taken after the ceremony, Sid playfully dips Avani for a cute shot. And finally, in many of the moments Sarani Photography captured, you can see Sid and Avani being so present during their wedding and sharing many laughs. Those are very special moments that show just how much fun your wedding was for everyone. Avani looked especially beautiful in all of these portraits thanks to hair and makeup by Styling Trio and mehndi by Veronica de la Paz.
- Include your guests in the fun. Sid and Avani did something extra special during their wedding: They included sparklers for the guests to hold. Not only did this make for a portrait that really popped, but it helped guests be a part of the enjoyable moment, too. It’s a simple idea but it helps make the mood of the wedding relaxed and exciting.
- We couldn’t forget another interesting thing that Sid and Avani did that we loved: underwater portraits! It’s something you don’t see every day in a wedding album! It is the type of shot that works for a destination wedding in a tropical location like Mexico or the Caribbean and it’s fun while also being incredibly romantic.
Sid and Avani’s wedding was wonderful because of the stellar work of the following vendor partners:
Travel Concierge: Indian Destination Wedding
Baarat: Drums in Paradise
Baarat: Palace Resorts Vacation Planners (Jet Ski)
DJ: M4U Events
Jewelry: Shivani Imitations (Ahmedabad India)
Food: Moon Palace
Cinematographer: Sarani Photography
Draping & Styling: Styling Trio Hair & Makeup
Floral & Décor: Latin Asia
Hair & Makeup: Styling Trio
Invitations & Stationary: Avasar Cards
Lighting: JSAV Audiovisual
Live Music: Drums in Paradise
Mehndi Artist: Veronica de la Paz
Photographer: Sarani Photography
Planning & Design: Yanet Zavala of Moon Palace
Rentals: Platinum Car Rental
Transportation: Moon Palace Resorts
Venue (Sangeet): Lake Terrace area of Moon Palace
Venue (Ceremony): Beach Palace area of North Beach
Venue (Reception): Lounge Caribeño / Caribbean Terrace area of Moon Palace
Ready to plan out your wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.