The first thing you’ll notice when you see Arjun and Sabeena’s pictures is this: these two are truly in love. There’s a depth of love between them that shows in their portraits from the way Arjun kisses her hands to the way Sabeena looks into his eyes.
So, when it came to having their wedding at the dreamy Grand at Moon Palace resort, there was no question that love was in the air. We adored so many things about this wedding and we couldn’t wait to share the details below. Take a look at some of the key takeaways that made this wedding such a sweet celebration of love.
Here’s what Sabeena had to say about her experience working with our founder, Ateet:
“When we first started researching for destination weddings in Mexico, we came across Ateet with Indian Destination Wedding (IDW) and we instantly felt a connection with him and his company. Immediately he made it personal and he truly took the time to understand what we envisioned for our dream destination wedding. Naturally we were confused and we needed guidance and he helped by connecting us with Dream Shaadi. From there, Ateet connected us with one of the best resorts in Cancún-The Grand at Moon Palace. We locked in this resort and Ateet handled all of the guest room bookings and accommodations.
He was very knowledgeable and was able to guide us and our guests in the right direction with the room bookings, flight accommodations, and airport transfers as well. Ateet was always accessible via e-mail, phone, and text which made the overall experience come along very smoothly. As any wedding planning would be, there are hurdles to overcome, but with having Ateet by our side, we were able to overcome them. Knowing his experience and his personal relationship with the resort made everything that much easier. (Trust me, he has strong leverage!)
All our guests were very appreciative of Ateet’s professionalism and everything he did for us. We are extremely grateful for Ateet and his team and we highly recommend him and his services to any future couples who are planning to get married!!
Thanks, Ateet, for making our wedding dreams come true!!!”
Here are a few key takeaways that made all the difference:
- Sabeena and Arjun’s wedding ran smoothly because of the great work of their wedding planners, Dream Shaadi. We have recommended this team to our clients because of their impeccable attention to detail and their work ethic. Those are the qualities to look for as you decide on a wedding planner of your own!
- Sabeena and Arjun’s wedding was photographed by the incredible Federico Salmeron Photography. You’ll notice that one of the exceptional elements of their photographs is that Federico was able to capture so many moments where they couple wasn’t posing at all. This happens not only by hiring a skilled photographer like Federico but also by allowing yourself to be in the moment with your love and your guests. The less you worry about the camera, the better the pictures actually end up being in the end. Posed shots are important for your album but the spur-of-the-moment ones add richness to your wedding album, too.
- The couple chose to work with Saptapadi Weddings for their wedding videography. This was a wise choice because this team specializes in South Asian weddings. We love that they made it feel like a real film and added in the couple’s special notes to each other as the scenes unfolded. As you choose your videography team, make sure you find one that has solid experience in doing South Asian weddings.
- Make good use of your surroundings when it comes to make décor decisions. We love how the mandap was bold and bright to compliment the soft ocean behind them thanks to the incredible work of the team at Evoke Design & Creative. Choosing to have your wedding by the beach means you can afford to go for richer, tropical colors for your wedding. It also means you don’t have to spend as much on décor for the ceremony because the beach and ocean already provide so much breath-taking beauty!
- Sabeena’s gorgeous mehndi design on her hands and legs, by the wonderful team at Loto Mehndi by CB & Co. was so finely detailed and intricate without overpowering the rest of her look. It perfectly complimented her wedding attire! As you decide on your design, make sure it will work with what you’ll be wearing for your ceremony and reception. Also, don’t be afraid to include designs that reflect something personal whether that means including scenery of places that are special to you as a couple or religious images.
- Sabeena went for a natural glam look thanks to the team at Styling Trio for her makeup that we just loved! Going for a look like this helps keep you looking timeless in your wedding portraits and it’s one that always looks elegant and chic. Natural glam makeup also doesn’t compete with any outfit you wear so it transitions right along with your attire as you change for different events.
- Our clients chose to have Drums in Paradise perform during their wedding celebrations. This is an exceptional team that puts on fire shows, drum shows and more. It’s the perfect way to add excitement to your wedding and their shows always please the crowds.
- DJ Tej offered a perfect blend of music that kept the crowd dancing throughout the night. We love that this DJ picked songs that were perfect for different age groups. As you consider which DJ to choose, make sure to pick one that will play traditional songs, modern hits, and everything in between. Find one that will know how to interact with the crowd and get them on the dance floor. Solid DJs also know how to work with other wedding vendors seamlessly so ensure they can do so.
This wonderful wedding could only happen with the help of an extraordinary team of partners. We’re so glad to have been a part of this wedding along with the following wonderful vendors:
Planning: Dream Shaadi
Photography: Federico Salmeron Photography
Mehndi: Loto Mehndi by CB & Co.
Makeup and hair: Styling Trio
Drum show: Drums in Paradise
DJ: DJ Tej
Décor: Evoke DC
Videography: Saptapadi Weddings
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.