If you’ve ever wondered if a destination wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean would be worth it, just take one look at Rinku and Jaimin’s beautiful wedding portraits. Their wedding, at the popular Moon Palace Cancun, had everything you’d want from a tropical wedding: beautiful venues, gorgeous scenery for your wedding photos, delicious food, and a resort that offers plenty to do for you and your guests.
We were so proud to be a part of their wedding as their travel concierge. Helping bring together all of the travel details for them and their guests meant they could focus on the rest of the wedding details! Read on to learn some key takeaways from Rinku and Jaimin’s wedding that every bride should know as she’s considering a tropical destination wedding.
- Rinku and Jaimin’s wedding photos and videos were captured by Cristian Rada of Film Art Studio. We love that Cristian captured the sacredness of the Pithi and wedding ceremonies, the excitement of the reception, and the deep connection between the bride and groom in all of the romantic shots. There was also and great balance between posed photos and candid ones, too.
- As you consider your wedding photographer, make sure you share which shots are most important for you to have as part of your wedding album.
- The brilliant team at Pyaar Planning expertly brought together the couple’s vision and ensured the wedding flowed smoothly. We love that they focused well on the details so that Rinku, Jaimin and their loved ones could be fully present in each moment. When you look for your own wedding planning team, make sure they not only have experience for the size of wedding you’d like to have but that they are also well connected so that they can secure resources for your wedding that can save you money.
- A good wedding planner will also have a strong relationship with the resort you might consider and can make a big difference in how your wedding goes when it finally arrives. They can help recommend the right venues for each of your events.
- The excellent drummers of Drums in Paradise made the baraat one to remember! The team always does a great job for our clients! They are especially experienced when it comes to South Asian weddings. And their fire dancers and drum shows for your Sangeet night will take everything to the next level.
- The Styling Trio team were behind Rinku’s beautiful hair and makeup. We love recommending them to our clients because they not only make them look good but they also make them feel good. They have a way of making brides feel calm and relaxed so they can really enjoy getting pampered. Rinku’s look was classic and elegant for her ceremony and her reception which allows her pictures to look timeless as the years pass. They wisely brought out her beautiful eyes while keeping her lipstick a bit more natural. This helps keep the makeup from competing with the rest of the bridal look and makes touch ups much easier to do as darker colors (like reds) tend to require more upkeep to ensure that you look great throughout the night.
- Evoke, the décor and floral team, made excellent use of the space for each of the wedding events. Their beautiful mandap was bursting with floral blooms and having décor along the aisle added elegance to the space.
- While some brides like to have a beachfront ceremony to enjoy the benefit of the ocean scenery, having your ceremony indoors in a ballroom as Rinku and Jamin did can also have great benefits. First, since the wedding was in June and the weather was warmer, having an indoor ceremony means you and your guests will stay cool. It also means that the bathrooms are nearby which is especially helpful for your guests with children.
- Some resorts are especially large so having your ceremony at the ballroom also gives easier access to your guests, particularly those who are handicapped. For the reception, we also liked that the wedding stage was decorated well with soft draping, beautiful furniture, elegant background décor, and gorgeous flowers in various shades. These are simple ways to make your wedding stage look beautiful!
- Audio and lighting were done by the team at Quantaum. For the reception, the beautiful uplighting in the ballroom created the perfect atmosphere for the party. This is a great way to create the right vibe and add interest to a large space. We love that the couple’s monogram was light up against one of the backwalls as well for a personal touch.
- The reception was full of excitement thanks to the great work of DJ Vik. As you can see, the crowd was having a blast! You’ll want a DJ that knows how to adjust the music selection as the crowd seems like it needs a little more energy. And, a good DJ will also ask you what type of music you want and whether you’d like mostly modern hits, classics, or both equally.
A wedding this wonderful comes together with the help of some wonderful vendor partners. We greatly appreciate the fine work of the following amazing teams!
Travel concierge: Indian Destination Wedding
Wedding planners: Pyaar Planning
Photography and Videography: Film Art Studio
Décor and floral: Evoke
Drums: Drums in Paradise
Audio and lighting: Quantum
Hair and makeup: Styling Trio
DJ: DJ Vik
As you can see, Rink and Jaimin’s wedding was full of vibrance, romance, and beautiful moments. They show that with the right team behind you, the right resort, and the right location, a destination wedding can be a great choice for many couples. And when you work with vendors who truly understand and have experience with South Asian weddings, you’ll ensure your wedding is one that not only flows smoothly but becomes a wonderful experience that will be the highlight of your life.
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.