Rati and Shaunak’s stunning wedding would have made anyone shed a few happy tears for this beautiful couple because it was clear that they were meant to be. Held at The Grand at Moon Palace in Cancun, this wedding had so many elements that we just loved. Read on to hear about key takeaways that might help you for your own wedding.
- The lovely couple’s wedding portraits were done by Federico Salmeron Photography. We love the authentic action shots that Federico captured because you could feel the excitement in every photo. We also loved some of the techniques Federico used to frame the couple using what was already around them. As you look for your wedding photographer, make sure their style matches what you want your album to look like in the future. Ask them how they approach destination weddings and how much experience they have with South Asian ones. You’ll also want to include a plan for the shots you want them to capture and how much balance you’d like between posed photos and spur-of-the-moment action shots.
- The excellent team at Dream Shaadi managed the wedding planning and they did a wonderful job. We love their attention to detail and how their hard work allowed the bride and groom to relax and just be in the moment throughout the wedding events. When you look for your own wedding planning team, make sure they have experience with weddings that have the number of guests you are expecting. Ensure that they are well connected with resources and that they come highly recommended by others.
- Rati looked absolutely gorgeous already but the team Styling Trio helped bring out her natural beauty event more! We love the bold makeup looks they created for the garba night! Her make up looked good the entire time despite all of the dancing! That’s because this team is well-trained in knowing how to make sure makeup for South Asian weddings will be sweat-proof and budge-proof no matter. Make sure to consider what type of look you’d like for your wedding along with your artist. They can guide you on what will look best with your features. Don’t forget to show them the outfits you plan on wearing so they can match your makeup to what you’ll wear.
- Rati’s gorgeous henna designs on her hands and feet were by the fantastic team at Loto Mehndi by CB & Co. We love that they did such incredibly intricate designs that looked like a true work of art! Ensure that the team you choose for your mehndi designs will be ones who have received extensive training. You want to ask questions such as how long do they typically take to do designs and what kind of styles do they do most on brides.
- When it came to entertainment for the wedding, the couple chose to have Drums in Paradise there. We love this company not only for their incredible work ethic but also for having so much experience with South Asian weddings. Their dancers and dholi on stilts were an absolute hit with the crowd! We loved the interactive drumming portion of their show with Rati and Shaunak got on the drums and their fire dancers gave an exciting performance that had the crowd’s attention the entire time. When choosing your entertainment, pick a company that can offer multiple entertainment options to not only save money but also have a team that you know will work well together.
- The incredible team at Dynasty Ave kept the crowd energized the entire time! We loved the work of DJ Ravi and MC Smarty Singh. They knew what to do to ensure the crowd was having a great time from start to finish. As you consider which DJ and MC you’d like, remember to ask for references and check out their past work. View their social media channels and see if you like their style. You’ll want to ask about their backup plans in case one or the other is sick and unable to come. Ask them if they have done weddings at your chosen resort as well because you want a team that will know where to go and who to connect with at the resort if they need anything.
Rati and Shaunak’s wedding was exceptional from star to finish. They and their guests had a great time and we loved seeing our clients so happy during one of the most special moments of their lives!
A wedding like this one could only be this amazing thanks to the dedication of our wonderful partners below.
Planning: Dream Shaadi
Photography and videography: Federico Salmeron Photography
Drum show and entertainment: Drums in Paradise
Mehndi: Loto Mehndi by CB & Co.
Hair and makeup: Styling Trio
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.