Neena and Ajay wedding at The Grand at Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico was the kind of wedding we all dream about when we think of walking down the aisle. It was elegant and full of vibrant colors and details that coordinated so well together thanks to the work of Preeti Exclusive Events. We love that they embraced the tropical vibe by having their wedding in a glass gazebo that allowed everyone to get a perfect view of the ocean behind them.
Neena’s wedding was highlighted on MaharaniWeddings.com and we were honored that she shared that with our help and the excellent taste of her parents, she was able to find “the perfect venue — The Grand at Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico” which “[her] guests truly enjoyed.” They especially loved “the all-inclusive restaurants (serving a variety of cuisines including Mediterranean, Asian, American, Mexican)….the beaches, pools, day spa, and golf course.” We were so thrilled we could help them find the best location because the resort’s location made for some incredible wedding pictures as you’ll see below which were taken by Pixan Photography.
Here are some key takeaways from their wedding for brides who want to get married in the winter time:
- Booking a destination wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean around February as Neena and Ajay did means you’ll get to enjoy the beautiful warm weather there. It will give you prime conditions for a great outdoor wedding when it’s cold back home.
- Take advantage of the location of the resort to arrange day trips for your guests to nearby museums, historical sites and other attractions that will make the trip even more memorable for them. Neena organized half-day group trips to Chichin Itza and Tulum for their guests and said that “these were big hits!”
- Go for an updo when it comes to your hairstyle as it is a low maintenance hairstyle and it’ll keep you cool for your outdoor events. We love Neena’s simple but elegant updos for her ceremony and reception shown below!
- Make good use of the surroundings and don’t be afraid to venture beyond the typical places to take your photos. Neena and Ajay did their first look shots by the ocean but then walked toward the trees and other greenery nearby and took additional shots that framed the couple perfectly. They set a unique mood and showed the beauty of the island.
- See what vendors the resort already has that you can use because getting local ones will save you a great deal of money. If the resort has great experience with South Asian weddings, the vendors they recommend will too so you’ll find the right one for you. However, don’t be afraid to bring your own vendors if there are some you already know and trust. Neena and Ajay decided to fly in Magic Mike DJs who served as DJs as well as the dhol player for their wedding. However, they also used Drums in Paradise for the Baraat which is local to Cancun.
- Get guidance on choosing the right resort for you so you can find the one that truly knows South Asian customs and has experience with our type of weddings. Not all resorts are equal and some will offer a better experience depending on what your vision is for your wedding and what budget you have in mind. Neena loved that the resort had almost everything they needed for their wedding and was connected to local vendors who had experience with South Asian weddings. That meant less time trying to find the perfect vendor and more time planning out the other details of their wedding.
- Know your priorities before you start considering resorts. Do you need your wedding to accommodate a certain number of guests? Do you need the resort to be family-friendly? Our process for helping our brides and grooms find the right resorts places a premium on these and other details to help ensure we find the right property for you.
- Make sure you include plenty of candid shots in our photo album to really capture the spirit of your wedding. Neena and Ajay had many beautiful moments together during their destination wedding where they weren’t perfectly posed and it added so much warm to the overall album.
- Sometimes you don’t need to spend as much on lighting and décor if you choose a resort that already has interesting features in its ballrooms. Make note of how much décor you’ll need as you tour the resort and see where you’ll have your reception. In Neena and Ajay’s case, their reception photos look stunning because of the dramatic light fixtures that were already in the ceiling of the lobby outside of the ballroom. A few additional lights and some soft uplighting is all they added to transform the ballroom.
- Keep in mind the type of entertainment and amenities that will excite your guests and incorporate it into your wedding. Neena and Ajay had fire dancers which excited and delighted everyone. They also took advantage of the amenities on the property such as the excellent pools, and they took advantage of The Grand’s proximity to nearby attractions by setting up day trips for guests.
- Food will always be an important part of any South Asian wedding. While you’ll definitely want to include some traditional South Asian cuisines, don’t be afraid to serve other types of foods as well. Neena and Ajay had Mexican food at their Sangeet but also hosted an Indian high tea complete with chai, lemonade, and hors d’oeuvres.
Neena and Ajay’s wedding was as beautiful as it was because of the great work of our partner vendors listed below:
- Photography and Videography: Pixan Photography
- Wedding Planner: Preeti Exclusive Events
- DJ and Dhol Player: Magic Mike DJ’s International
- Baraat drummer: Drums in Paradise
- Catering, lighting, floral, décor and mehendi artist: The Grand at Moon Palace
Neena and Ajay had an elegant wedding that was exciting and memorable for their guests. Using all of the wonderful amenities of their resort, they were able to bring together their wedding details much more easily. And now it’s your turn!
Ready to plan out your wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.