Akshita and Sagar’s wedding at the Moon Palace Resort in Jamaica had a surprise or two. But nothing could stop these two lovebirds from enjoying every minute of their exciting and heart-warming wedding. Everything about this wedding was charming and elegant: from the setup of their outdoor mandap to Akshita’s beautiful outfits for every one of the events to the gorgeous lighting for the reception in the ballroom.
Let’s take a look at everything this sweet couple did right that made their wedding such a beautiful one.
- We love that Akshita and Sagar chose to serve mango sorbet during the ceremony to help guests stay cool. Offering refreshments or cool treats like this in addition to personal paper fans helps guests feel pampered and comfortable.
- During the sangeet, there was some unexpected rain but Akshita, Sagar and their guests kept dancing the night away! It’s refreshing to see that in spite of this, our lovely clients went with the flow. Any wedding can have hiccups but it’s important to stay in the moment and focus on having fun!
- During the reception, the bride and groom played a fun game with guests that helped them get wedding photos with each table. Turning it into something fun like this ensures you get all the pictures you wanted while making your guests smile.
- The baraat portion of the wedding festivities wasn’t just on land—it was at sea as well! Boat baraats are an especially fun and creative way to celebrate. They also add an extra special touch to your wedding album and can be a fun surprise for your guests. As you consider your plans, ask your venue about whether they are able to do a boat baraat.
- Close up shots of the wedding jewelry are a must-have for any wedding album but we love how Akshita’s gorgeous gems were displayed as a lovely flat lay photo along with the wedding invitations. This helps create visual interest and ties everything together so nicely!
- Our lovely clients chose Preeti Exclusive Events for the wedding planning and The Destination Collective to bring together the décor details of their wedding. Preeti is a long-time favorite vendor partner of ours because she handles every wedding with care. We love that she is well-experienced with the resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico. Ophellia, who leads The Destination Collective, specializes in weddings in Jamaica so she and her team are well-connected when it comes to wedding resources there. As you decide on your wedding planner, you’ll want to ask them which resorts they have had the most experience with in the past. Inquire about what backups they have in place if they aren’t able to attend last minute and what support staff they have will have for your wedding day. For your décor, ask your event designer for examples from their work with past clients at the venue you are considering so you can get an idea of what they have done before. It’s also great to know if they have worked with the vendors you have already selected.
- Akshita and Sagar’s wedding was photographed by Blink and Company Photo. We love that they captured the spirit of the wedding so well! As you consider which photographer to choose, ensure that the images will capture your vision for the wedding and your personalities. Ideally, they will be skilled at catching those authentic, non-posed moments well in a fast-paced atmosphere without missing a beat. Ensure you have a shot list for your photographer so they know which moments you want to capture and what style you like. For example, do you want a lot of close of shots of you or your jewelry? Do you want a mix of black and white and color images or just color? It helps to have a few examples of the type of photos you have seen online that you like so your photographer understands your needs.
- Michael J. Scott Productions was the videographer for their wedding. They specialize in luxury weddings and have excellent experience with South Asian weddings. We love that they have an eye for capturing the tender moments between couples on their wedding day! As you select your videographer, make sure to ask about their specializations. Also, you’ll want to know their timeline for giving you the finished product. Some videographers also offer the option to stream your wedding live for those guests who could not attend so it’s worth asking if they offer this option.
- Akshita’s makeup looked beautiful thanks to the lovely artistry of Joni Stone at Gourmet Makeup. Her wedding makeup held up beautifully through the warmer weather, lots of dancing, and even the surprise rain during the sangeet! As you consider your makeup artist, make sure that they are skilled in makeup application that will last through any condition. If you have allergies to any makeup ingredients, it’s also important to let them know this as well. You’ll want to ask them how much experience they have with South Asian weddings and if they can show past client work that includes South Asian brides. Don’t be afraid to ask for advice on color selection and send over makeup styles you like from images you’ve found online so they get an accurate idea of what you like.
- Henna by Urvee beautifully created the henna designs on Akshita’s hands and legs. Akshita was smiling during the whole process and we could tell that they made it very relaxing for her. As you select your henna artist, ask them how much time they typically need for henna application. You’ll want to ask if they make their own henna and how long you can expect their design to last after the wedding. It’s important to know if they are booked for other events before or after yours as well.
- The DJs, baraat drummer, and lighting at the event were the incredible team at Premier Entertainment including DJ Ambition, and Pratik Khatri. They did a wonderful job of making every moment of the wedding be full of excitement and celebration. As you pick your entertainment team, ensure that they are well-versed in not only South Asian weddings but those that happen in the Caribbean or Mexico. You’ll want a team that can read the room well and adjust the music quickly when it looks the crowd needs energy. And when it comes to the baraat, make sure you have a drummer who sets the perfect tone for the crowd.
This wonderful wedding could only happen with the help of an extraordinary team of partners. We’re so glad to have been a part of this wedding along with the following wonderful vendors:
Wedding planning services: Preeti Exclusive
Décor: The Destination Collective
Photography: Blink and Company Photo
Videography: Michael J. Scott Productions
Makeup: Gourmet Makeup
Mehndi: Henna by Urvee
Entertainment (including drummer): Premier Entertainment (DJ Ambition, and Pratik Khatri-PK Lights NYC)
Learn more about South Asian weddings in Cancun
Learn more about The Grand at Moon Palace
Why Choose Indian Destination Wedding
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, and our summary of average South Asian destination wedding costs.
Learn about different destinations and resorts that have the best perks for South Asian weddings by contacting us online or call at 888-485-0005.