When you really want to kick things up a notch in your wedding, we love recommending Drums in Paradise. They are masters at putting on shows with charisma and charm so that your wedding becomes an exciting experience. So, we were happy to share their tips on how to make your wedding even more fun for your guests. Read on to see why other brides rave about their incredible shows!
- Can you share your story with us? How Drums in Paradise get started? Why did you decide to get into this type of business?
Geez, that’s hard to put into just a couple sentences, but the short version is that I’ve been playing drums and percussion since the age of 10, and since my first paid gig at the age of 13 I’ve never seriously considered anything else as a career! I’ve been blessed with incredible people and artists around me that have helped blossom that into a company that can take care of the demands and expectations of couples from around the world night after night and still get to play my drums while living and working in Cancun!!
- You put on incredible drum shows for South Asian weddings! What other types of shows do you offer?
We offer all kinds of entertainment for all kinds of events, and if it’s not in our catalog you can always ask! Aside from South Asian specific services like dhol and baraat services we perform fire shows, waterdrum shows, interactive drumming experiences, Arabic zaffe drummers, Brazilian batucada drummers, aerial acrobats, LED dance shows, cabaret, specialty champagne servers and so much more!
- With so many great entertainment options, it can be hard to choose which of your services to pick! What advice can you give to help couples pick the right option for their wedding?
I love interactive things and I think they’re GREAT for weddings. Time is limited for traditional shows, attention spans keep getting shorter and in the Instagram age, everyone wants to be able to take their picture doing something different and fun. An interactive show or experience like one of our Party Packs, waterdrums or champagne servers gives your event that extra wow, while also providing an experience your guests can feel and touch (and post to their social media stories).
- When picking entertainment for their wedding, what should couples look for in the companies they are considering? What are some good questions they should ask?
This is a great question, I’ll do my best to provide some good questions to ask, how about these…
- Are you a preferred or in-house vendor at my hotel?
- Do you have experience in weddings, can you send videos or photos?
- Do you produce or perform the show, or is it subcontracted?
- Are there any extra service charges, fees or taxes I will need to consider, or does the price include everything?
- What kind of things can we consider in our eventflow/timeline and set-up to make this performance really stand out?
- What are some fun ways couples have incorporated you into their events? (For example, have they surprised guests with your shows? Have they included the bride and groom as part of the drummers? Have they incorporated the drummers in with the DJ at the reception as a surprise?)
As I mentioned earlier we love to do interactive stuff, so our waterdrum shows are almost always interactive, as are our Party Packs. The couples and guests get a chance to get wet and wild and make a mess in their party clothes, just like your mom told you not to do! We’ve also had firedancers accompany couples into the reception, Mexican revolutionaries serving shots at the baraat or pool party, Aerial artists serving champagne from hanging hula hoops and plenty of surprise performances that guests are not expecting.
- How far in advance should a couple book services like yours?
Believe it or not we can, and often do, accommodate last minute booking even on the day of the event! We actually confirmed a waterdrum show for tomorrow night just this morning. I certainly don’t recommend that, but if we can make availability for you we will! Ideally, something like a fire or waterdrum show we will be able to accommodate no problem with at least 1 months in advance. However, for some of our more unique services it might be wise to book as early as you can to make sure we don’t get booked up on your date. Things like baraat horse, dhol on stilts, steeldrums, specialty servers, are things that we can only do 1 at a time so those I’d recommend booking at least 2 months advance, but ideally as soon as you’re sure you want them.
- What are some ways couples can make it affordable to include entertainment services like yours in their budget? (For example, maybe they choose to include the entertainment for just one event instead of multiple events? Or maybe for a shorter time? Etc.)
As far as shows go, if you’re looking to maintain a budget, the biggest thing to consider is number of artists. The artists have practiced and worked most of their lives to have the skills required to perform in our shows and each artist needs to book at least 4 hours and sometimes up to 8 hours out of their day in order to prepare, get to the hotel, through hotel security, make up and wardrobe to be ready on time for the show, and get back home again. Considering that, I hope it’s understandable why a difference of a few minutes in the actual performance time of a show isn’t going to make a difference in the price. Quite honestly, the best way to accommodate a budget is to reduce number of artists, find a show that doesn’t require as many artists and that is performed and/or produced directly by the company you’re hiring if possible.
- What would you say sets you apart from other entertainment companies like yours?
We are super passionate about our performances and love what we do, but we don’t stop there, we are just as passionate about bringing a solid customer service experience to our couples. I know, I know, that’s one boring answer for an entertainment company… buuuut, it’s super important when you’re trying to plan a destination wedding. You’re coming to a foreign country to celebrate one of the most important days of your life, you’re spending all this money and you deserve to be paid attention to and have your questions answered clearly and in a timely manner. You want to know what you’re getting and you want to feel confident that the people who are providing it will come through for you and take care of the details. A lot of people can’t handle both; Drums In Paradise can.
Why Choose Indian Destination Wedding
Ready to plan your South Asian wedding in Mexico or the Caribbean? We’ll help you find the right resort for you and bring together all the travel details for you and your guests. And we’ll even connect you with vendors that specialize in South Asian weddings so you can shorten your wedding to-do list.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, and our summary of average South Asian destination wedding costs.
Learn about different destinations and resorts that have the best perks for South Asian weddings by contacting us online or call at 888-485-0005.